Trimmed Down Crock-Pot Turkey Chili
1 lb lean ground turkey (97% fat free)
1/2 cup chopped raw onion
1 cup raw pinto beans
1 can whole tomato
2 cups water
1 tbsp chili powder
Cook Time 8 hours
Total Fat 7g
Dietary Fiber 17g
- Soak 1 cup of raw pinto beans in water overnight, and drain in the morning.
- Wash the beans thoroughly.
- In a skillet, brown 1 pound of lean ground turkey and 1/2 cup of chopped raw onions.
- Drain away grease, and place meat and onions in the Crock-Pot.
- Add in 1 can of whole tomatoes, 1 cup of raw pinto beans, 2 cups of water, and 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- Set on low for 8 to 10 hours.
recipe courtesy of coreperformance.com